Thursday 4 June 2020

Day 7 - 156 -- On the Lookout for Hope

Well, today was Day 80, but who's counting? <smile> I chatted with colleagues and friends through the day, which helped me to see a sliver of hope and find shared smiles and laughs. This has been a difficult week for many reasons -- global and closer to home. The sun came out today, so while this means the temperatures will climb a bit, it does add a sense of warmth and caring to the day. When walking and at the drug store people moved to distance as we shopped and walked. Interesting how 'distance' has become a verb more than a noun of late. At the store, I saw two other people with masks on, so I felt less alone -- still not enough folks wearing them as recommended by public health, but it is a start. Distancing wasn't fully working with some people at the store, but most ried. So, I saw hope there. On my walk, Japanese lilacs were blooming on Main Street. I will need to investigate the front yard more tomorrow to see if mine are ready to bloom, too. The lawn was mowed today, which makes the yard look happy and tidy.

For those struggling with personal difficulties and those just trying to get their heads around the world situations, I send a virtual hug to you all. The road feels very long at present and appears filled with potholes and even sink holes. With combined efforts, those can be filled  and the road will be smoother to travel. Be kind to yourself and be kind to others. Provide support where you can.

The chorus of a song ran through my mind today, so I will share that here. This version is fun and different than the original recording. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Everyday is a Winding Road -- Sheryl Crow ft. Prince




No comments:

Post a Comment