Saturday 27 June 2020

Day 7 - 179 -- Fuzzy Thinking

Woke with migraine pain today. Meds helped but a combination of dizziness and nausea persisted through the day -- day three for this one. I did the first load of laundry at 5 PM. The rest of the day involved sporadically looking at social media and recorded TV programs.

So again, a less than productive day unfolded. I'm not feeling lazy this time, but I was sorry to have to tell others that deadlines would be missed by a couple of days. Telling myself that was even more difficult. When I tell people about being waylaid by a migraine, I'm not searching for sympathy. I just dislike having to tell people that cognitive functioning is affecting, which makes writing coherently a challenge. So, I do need to wait a day or two so the final product is something more useful to recipients.

This song title fit where I felt I was today. Familiar sounding lyrics describe having a sharp tongue or short temper when things hurts -- thankfully, not always, but there have been days. <sigh>. The rhythm of the song felt soothing today, too. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Valley of Pain -- Bonnie Raitt


No comments:

Post a Comment