Sunday 7 June 2020

Day 7 - 158 -- Dancing through the House

The day was grey and cooler with some rain in the afternoon. More is expected over the next day or so, so we might be able to squelch the extreme fire risk. Laundry and some housework occurred. In the afternoon, during a break, I watched the first part of Laurel Cnayon -- A place in time. This is a really good documentary of the rise of rock genres on the US west coast. A friend called and we chatted by phone. It seems the mail at work has continued to be distributed and my mail box was getting rather full. I had thought this would have been closed and wasn't sure where the mail would be stored. Good to know that it has been dealt with. So, my friend offered to drop it on the front porch on her way home this evening. We even had a distanced conversation, which felt really good. We hope to go for a walk on campus next week with distanced maintained while wearing masks. It will be nice to see the plants and flower around campus. Now if the rain holds up long enough for us to have a quick walk, that will be perfect.

I woke with a song in my head -- one that made me want to get up and dance. I heard it earlier in the week.The lyrics say a lot about future get togethers and the melody and beat are amazing. I bet you all have to move just a bit with this one. Just crank it and let yourself go! Stay safe. Enjoy!

Boogie Shoes -- KC and the Sunshine Band

No comments:

Post a Comment