Monday 8 June 2020

Day 7 - 160 -- Cheese and Flowers

The day was unseasonably cool and very windy with heavy rain laden clouds much of the day. By late afternoon, fewer clouds raced along showing small bits of blue sky along the travels. My early evening, fewer clouds existed and the wind abated somewhat. I was into the office to print a few documents for meetings this week and was able to have a walk around campus with a friend. It has been almost three months since I've walked home with friends, so this was special.

Grocery pick up was today. I received a call that the full order had been filled -- no shortages, no substitutions - the first time since this dance began. Then I received the automated e-mail noting that there had been no substitution for the mozzarella cheese. I called back and explained . I was told that the store brand cheese wasn't showing on their shopping lists but that she would put one in with my order. I picked up the order and unpacked it at home, only to find -- correct -- no cheese. Another call up tot he store got a different shift who had not heard about the failure of cheese to appear on their electronic files. She went to check and found just what I'd ordered. She put it in a bag after asking if it was possible for me to return to the store today. So, I went back after my walk on campus. She brought it out to the car herself along with a package of flower -- for me having to deal with two trips to the store. I was surprised and delighted. I had explained that this wasn't a world ending issue when we'd been speaking and that technology could be overly challenging some days rather than being our friend <smile>. This attitude was the polar opposite of what I had dealt with two weeks ago. So -- pretty reddish alstroemeria flowers are in the living room at the moment. So -- no need to change dinner plans <smile>

Pizza took centre stage on my dinner plate tonight. A silly song seemed perfect for the way the day unfolded. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Tullahoma Dancing Pizza Man -- Eddie Rabbit


No comments:

Post a Comment