Tuesday 16 June 2020

Day 7 - 168 -- Seeing the Positives



It has been a sunny and warmer day. I began the day with vacuuming  and as I told a friend, the day could only go up from there. Well, maybe, maybe not. <smile> The process took a lot of energy as usual but it felt good to have physical activity in the day. Not walking everyday due to weather or silly schedules. I do get out several times a week, just would like to do this daily. Life has been a bit more sedentary than I prefer.

A short list of quick online checks showed that an item that was to arrive this week now has a delivery date two weeks from now. The order was placed a week ago, but hasn't gone to a shipper yet. <sigh> It will get here eventually. Another task required registering for access to a secure site. The instructions called processes by different names than any buttons or pop-ups. So very frustrating. At one point instead of registering, I was presented with a page for account recovery. Very weird. Finally tripped over the correct pages only by accident. As a government sponsored site, one would wish the instructions would be clearer, but having worked in that setting in years past, I do understand how bureaucrat-eze can take over communication <sigh>.  After two hours messing around with this process, I was able to check the necessary information that adds an extra layer of complexity to a tricky question I'm pondering. Imagine! The next ordering procedure went fairly smoothly despite a database that doesn't include things that are always in stores. It least it worked better than the other online tasks today.

Today, again, required patience. I did feel less frustrated than expected when confronted by major barriers. Problem solving approaches helped. I know there have been times, when I want to shout or hurl the laptop across the room. Perspective helps manage such episodes of anger. It helps me feel more centred, too. Stress is still felt acutely, but can be held in check somewhat. This takes a lot of energy that leaves me fatigued at the end of a day. Accomplishing several items on the 'to do' list brings a degree of satisfaction. As a tech assistant noted earlier in the week -- as long as the glass is half full <grin>.  That is a good thing, as there are just as many tasks on agenda tomorrow. <smile>

I found lyrics that fit with my musings today in a song by a Canadian band. Stay safe. Enjoy!

One Little Victory -- Rush




No comments:

Post a Comment