Tuesday 2 June 2020

Day 7 - 153 -- Weather changed

The day was overcast but without rain. Temperatures were cooler still. I worked away on presentation plans for most of the afternoon. I went for a walk and stopped at the bank machine. New goings on there today -- new machines and a thick plexiglass divider between the two machines and hand sanitizer to use before and after using the keypad on the machine.

I cooked something new to me for dinner. Barramundi with a spinach and apple salad and roasted potatoes. It was another from the meal box dinners and was all very yummy. This one also took almost 60 minutes to prepare and cook when the time noted was 30 minutes. I had to substitute my own salad greens for ones that were less than fresh. I see a pattern emerging. <sigh>  I found the fish very nice -- soft and velvety like haddock but a little meatier, though not as dense as halibut. It has very little fishy odor or flavour, so even people who dislike fish have been known to like this one. I would look for it when shopping, for sure. So, another new thing today.

The selection today goes with the weather. We are in dire need of a good soaking rain, but the cloud bore little today. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Heavy Cloud, No Rain -- Sting








No comments:

Post a Comment