Tuesday 30 June 2020

Day 7 - 182 -- Unexpected Happenings

The day began with hot water. I got a fuse changed, but that did nothing. It seems the heating coil has ceased to function. Tomorrow is a holiday, so it will be Thursday before the replacement arrives and is installed. I will need to pretend I'm camping and heat water for dishes and bathing. <smile>

Once the water issue was settled, it became clear the furry one was in some distress. Everything was fine last night, but by early afternoon something we've seen before resurfaced. I called and asked the vet to call me back since the office was booked solid today and again for Thursday. He told me to bring him in and they'd fit him in where possible. So, out we went and sat in the parking lot until the vet came to fetch him. It took 5 minutes to clear the issue and we headed home. Furry dude is sleeping -- missed morning sleep due to visitors for the water heater and afternoon due to his issue. He is one tired boy.

What was to be a quick visit to the library, became longer. The librarian worked diligently to help me place holds on the newest version of a set of reference books. It took a lot of time, and she worked with other patrons as we went along so others didn't have to wait for us to figure out the glitches in the software that I'd encountered. It appears things are on hold -- we'll see which turn up for me, since I had a hold placed on on volume and received an older version when I went in yesterday. It appears things are back on track. We'll see what transpires.

So -- having written about the mundane nature of the past couple of days, today certainly pushed me out of that rut -- not sure I like how life did this, but will not complain -- well, not too loudly <smile> There is a need to breathe through the onslaught or roll with the punches. A song with a similar sentiment fits well today. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Roll with the Changes -- R.E.O. Speedwagon



No comments:

Post a Comment