Wednesday 10 June 2020

Day 7 - 162 -- A New Approach

It was an online sort of day again -- a small group discussion, weekly research meeting, a second short meeting and a streamed mini-concert in the evening. The sun shone, but temperatures remained cooler. The forecast includes warmer temps with wind arriving overnight into tomorrow. Today, though, was a pleasnat walking temperature in the late afternoon.

There wasn't a lot to focus on today other than 'its not all about me' <smile>. When I get frustrated by actions of others -- most moved as I walked up the sidewalk, but some just glared at me as they were headed to walk right into me <sigh>.  Most are being sensible, though not wearing masks outside yet.  I didn't either today -- just an oversight. Tomorrow I have to hit the pharmacy and meet a friend outdoors for a short distanced talk, so I will wear one as I walk along the street -- much to the dismay of many people who think those of us that do this are silly. While I could take two masks, one for the store visit and another for the personal visit, it seems silly when the two places are less than 5 minutes apart. If I'm going to wear one, I will use aseptic technique or wearing a mask becomes useless.

So -- perhaps I just need to let it go. Smile at those who make room and do the same for those scowling folks looking to walk right over me. I'd likely feel better. I tried it on the return part of the walk and it did help me to feel better, just to share a smile with someone -- even if I think I'm the one who should get a smile <grin>.  The lyrics of a song seem to fit these thoughts well -- just the advice I need to give to myself <smile>. We need to be kind, but a change of attitude would make kindness easier to share. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Get Over It -- The Eagles


No comments:

Post a Comment