Wednesday 17 June 2020

Day 7 - 169 -- Sloth?

I was sunny and hotter today. Most of the day spent online with five meetings of various sorts. Wednesdays seem to be my big work day so I try to cluster things when I can, and then other stuff just lands on the day, too. I was able to prepare supper during an early evening meeting that ran late. So, while a lot of reading and writing didn't happen, the day was far from unproductive. The difficulty for me comes when there isn't anything tangible to hold onto or point to at the end of the day. Measuring productivity may need a new  rubric or set of metrics.

I'm not sure why I feel somewhat slothful when I've been occupied with non-tangible tasks like I was today. Obviously, I learned that success came in things that could be measured. Simply saying I had 5 online activities doesn't seem worth counting if nothing else came from it. Perhaps this stems from the Judeo-Christian work ethic. In any case, it provides something to explore further to determine how to best define a successful day. 

A song from childhood came to mind, though the version shared here is much more recent and more jazzed up. Stay safe. Enjoy!

Lazy Bones -- Harry Connick, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment