Tuesday 9 March 2021

Day 8 - 65 -- Faint Glimmer

 It was a slow Saturday at my house. Got parts of a few chores started but nothing completed. The up part of the day was dinner at a friend's house with three other friends. The evening reminded me of other evenings we had with greater regularity. Laughter and story-telling held moments that felt akin to what once was, but that have now been tinged with a bit of discomfort. It was an odd feeling. 

I miss regular get togethers. Even more, I miss the spontaneity of just calling someone and making plans to meet for tea, wine, a movie or a walk. I know we will have more of these times as the winter season moves off for another year. Being together outside felt wonderful last summer and will again in the next month or two. The added aspect of accessing vaccination clinics in the coming three months may help to reduce the feeling of oddness that social gatherings hold. A glimmer of hope exists. 

Lyrics that spoke to me today stressed the need to find and follow that light. Things will improve. Love this supergroup. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Heading for the Light - Traveling Wilburys



  

No comments:

Post a Comment