Sunday 28 March 2021

Day 8 - 87 -- Hunkering Down

Today was my day to finish up laundry and housekeeping tasks that I didn't get to yesterday. When standing at the kitchen sink, I added another small job -- clear up some of the broken branches in the yard. Why? Well, we have another weather advisory for major wind and rain arriving into the overnight. I headed outdoors to pile the few larger branches and to place the smaller ones in the compost bin. With heavy winds expected, these loose objects could take flight and create havoc. While out it was grey and cool but no wind to speak of yet. This physical activity felt good and the cool air actually was refreshing. <smile> 

Readying property and self for a storm can bring on anxiety. Terms used often sound like getting prepared to do battle or hide. Storms can be formidable foes. All we can do is get ready as best we can. Looking out the large living room window, I see two aluminum storm doors with large windows leaning against the neighbour's shed. Perfect place for them to be lofted by the wind directions expected. No one is living there as the new owners are renovating the whole place. So, I have no one to call or speak to about the doors or the lumber planks lying closer to my yard. These could be tucked under their shed, but not by me -- it would take two people at least. So -- my side is prepared, but nothing I can do about their side <sigh>. 

I chose a song specifically for the title and a single lyric line that notes the need to batten down the hatches <smile>. This bluesy song has several covers, but this one brought together two greats. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Feels Like Rain -- Bonnie Raitt & Buddy Guy



No comments:

Post a Comment