Friday 26 March 2021

Day 8 - 85 -- Whirlpools & Roller Coasters

Some sunshine tried to peek through the clouds today and the humidity was noticeable. Rain settled in by early evening and will last into tomorrow. I headed to my physio for a whirlpool treatment of an achilles tendinitis. There is something soothing about the moving water and it always helps to reduce the pain. The annual year end banquet festivities went virtual this year. The organizers had a couple of fun game events for the highly competitive group <smile>. Annual Department awards were presented to student recipients. The guest speaker graduated 5 years ago and spoke of her early career path in terms of a roller coaster. She provided great advice points from her learnings of which I found several very insightful -- Pave your own path, No one really has their life together, and Be resilient and persistent. There were points there that I could focus on more. <smile> 

Spring brings endings and beginnings that help me to feel more positive. This year the world around me seems to be swirling like a whirlpool, but without helping to heal anything. The feeling of frustration with the whole world far outweighs the wee positives that might enter the day. I'm so tired of the disruption of life plans -- not only the little things that I miss but the bigger picture plans. The uncertainty remains so nebulous with talking heads saying we are 'almost there' -- a message that I've heard so many times over the past year and feel that it just holds no credibility anymore. I've not been one to trust easily and I feel absolutely betrayed these days. 

With some decent rest and finding a couple of things to lift my spirits a bit, I should feel a bit better. The weight of it all, though, can be overwhelming and coping strategies fail me. All of this reminded me of a song title. I share a recent version of this song by the Canadian singer-songwriter from back in the day <wink>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Weight -- Playing for Change ft. Robbie Robertson & Ringo Starr


 



No comments:

Post a Comment