Friday 19 March 2021

Day 8 - 77 -- Baking Master Class

On this rainy day, I ran some errands to get ahead of the impending storm with snowfall warnings. the forecast noted up to 20 cm/8 in is expected; though the amount could go either way depending on the actual track of the storm. I expect this will be the last big storm of the season. <fingers crossed>

In the afternoon I had a master class in making hot cross buns <smile>. It was a long process by the results made it all worthwhile. <yum> It felt good to see a person in 3-dimensions. We had some great chats during the baking process, which reminded me of how much I miss in person visits and would love to be able to do this with everyone. Hope exists that this might be possible in the coming months once most of the population has been vaccinated and we can travel outside our smaller bubbles to see those further afield. In the meantime, I will have to settle for the occasional visit and enjoy a cup of chai and one of the amazing buns made today. 

Sitting at home listening to the rain on the roof feels positive. When it goes silent it will have changed over to snow. So, for now I will enjoy the rainy-ness. The song lyrics of today's selection note a similar feeling. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Love a Rainy Night -- Eddie Rabbit



No comments:

Post a Comment