Tuesday 16 March 2021

Day 8 - 74 -- Time Troubles

 Today began with moving a couple of inches of light snow to make a clear walkway to the street. We had big wind and slightly cooler temperatures again today -- perfect for little bits of flurries that amounted to little accumulation. Several times the sun broke through from behind the clouds. 

Inside I did some cooking and reading for a major upcoming task. I planned to make a phone call only to realize that it was after hours by the time I stopped my tasks <sigh>. COVID has messed with perceptions of time and changing time yesterday did not help at all. On top of this I discovered that my wrist watch is losing time, so needs a new battery. Another watch I'd hoped to use instead doesn't run at all. So, two new batteries are needed. The local store that installs them for customers requires 3-5 days for the job. This is due to COVID protocols -- sanitize and let it sit, replace battery, sanitize and let is sit. I totally understnad this, but feel anxious about leaving my grandmother's watch somewhere <sigh>. It appears that my ability to know time or perceive time over the next several days will be reduced. 

Song lyrics that ran through my head today fit the thoughts of time. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is? -- Chicago



No comments:

Post a Comment