Thursday 11 March 2021

Day 8 - 66 -- Rainbows

Today marked the third time I walked into the office on campus in a single week. I'm not sure I've been there that often in almost a year. Only one trip was planned, though. First trip was to gather files needed for future tasks. The second trip was quick since I'd forgotten one file. I then needed to login to the system from campus with the computer I've been using while working from home. Now, I had done this on a previous trip using the wifi, but this update required the use of a hardwire to the system -- hence trip three. Given that each of these trips means taking about 120 stairs, I do expect to see extra definition in the calves next week. <grin> 

I was reminded today when reading that supporting others helps both the supported and the supporter. One quotation that I've always liked came from Maya Angelou -- "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."  I've thought of this one often. I've had many people provide that support and hope for me. I only hope that I've been able to pass that along to others. I think these are great words to live by. 

The song brought to my head by the Angelou quotation is shared here. I love this cover by a well known singer, but from an early part of her career. What a wonderful young voice. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Over the Rainbow -- Ella Fitzgerald



No comments:

Post a Comment