Thursday 11 March 2021

Day 8 - 68 -- Getting Out

Another glorious sunny day. After a phone meeting, I headed to the grocery store for a major stock up. It has been two weeks since I did any shopping. So, today was a great day to get back in the swing. Driving up to the grocery store felt a bit freeing. Life has come to this -- getting groceries is a bit deal. <smile> Weather and illness have kept me inside more than I'd like over the past couple of weeks. Today everything came together in a positive way and I made that trip. I found myself smiling under my mask -- a lot. Seeing three dimensional people was cool since most of my interactions are online with 2-D folks or on the phone with disembodied voices. These link us together well, but isn't as satisfying as encountering people in real life. 

A song came to mind as I was driving up and back from the store. It is light and fun -- just how it felt this afternoon. Stay safe. Enjoy!

I Get Around - The Beach Boys




No comments:

Post a Comment