Sunday 21 March 2021

Day 8 - 80 -- Bright and Warm

Bright and warm sunshine was present all day today. Temperatures soared into the low teens Celsius. The plow guy moved the heavy wet piles at the end of the drive, so I headed out to move the bits left just behind the car bumper. It didn't take long. I also moved the stuff off the windshield. It will melt in the next day or two, but I was there with all the requisite tools and time -- in the sun <smile>.  I did a short walk later in the day just to soak up the sun. 

I've said often that the transition seasons are my favourites. There are warmer and cooler days but few extremes in either direction. Precipitation is mostly fluid in nature and if not, it leaves quickly. I like seeing the changes that each season brings. I'm certain that when the current snow cover melts this week (with several days in the mid-teens) there will be day lilies already up. Shortly after the squill, snow-drops and crocuses will burst forth. These will be followed by tulips, daffodils and magnolias. Many dislike the mud, but that is a great scent of spring. <smile>  

I know I've used this song in the blog before a couple of times, but it seemed to fit my mood today well. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Good Day Sunshine -- The Beatles



No comments:

Post a Comment