Sunday 27 November 2022

9-331 (27/11/22) -- Defining Success

The sun shone for most of the day. I took a wonderful walk to get milk. Most of my day was spent indoors finishing laundry and getting to some cleaning and household accounting stuff. The major undertaking involved making a vegetable lasagna. That is an enormous task -- so many steps. It looks great and tasted good for supper. The remainder will be cut into individual portions and put into the deep freeze for future dinners. 

The Santa parade delayed yesterday was held today. I hadn't been  online so I didn't get the messages. I heard some music and firetruck horns while the lasagna was near the end of the cooking period. Luckily, I could see most of the parade from the kitchen window -- it si about half a block from the house. I did see the jolly fellow himself arrive in the horse drawn carriage and heard him clearly as he passed by. It would have been nice to have walked over to watch it up close -- no wind and above freezing temperatures. A perfect night for a parade. 

I felt positive by getting some things knocked off the dreaded 'to do' list this weekend. I didn't get to it all, but some time consuming things were finished or at least have begun. Accomplishing tangible tasks brings clearer understanding that I've done something. At least I can see and feel such end points. <smile> Measuring success can be challenging some days. I seem to be chasing success when I'm not always sure how success is defined for a task or group of tasks. One melody appeared in my head at a point in the day. I share that one here tonight.<smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Chariots of Fire -- Vangelis


 



No comments:

Post a Comment