Wednesday 2 November 2022

9-305 (1/11/22) -- Wine and Dine

Today has been cloudy with misty rain all day. I had planned to do some outdoor work, but the weather -- including cooler temperatures -- did not provide what was needed to work comfortably outside. Instead, I had a phone conversation with a friend and did a few household cleaning chores. 

I met a friend for dinner at a favourite restaurant. We had a good talk about a number of current events and personal happenings. I couldn't eat all of the main course since the salad had been quite filling. My friend and I split the salad, so even half was quite large -- but soooo good. I took the remainder home for supper tomorrow. They also had a dessert that I haven't seen on their social media sites for some time. It is a carrot cake base with creme brulee between layers and carmelized pineapple for glaze on top. I love it! So, I got a piece of that 'to go' and will eat that tomorrow with the remaining entree. 

Dinner involved a glass of wine as it often does. I went to a trusted malbec and my friend had the white that was the special tonight. I've used the selection for today before in the blog, but I like the way the lyrics pair good discussions with friends with a glass of wine. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Good Friends and a Glass of Wine -- LeAnn Rimes



No comments:

Post a Comment