Sunday 20 November 2022

9-324 (20/11/22) -- Stuck to the List?

Today was filled with chores. I got out the rest of the winter clothes -- the heavier sweaters and such and put away some of the summery items. This means I've recognized that the colder temperatures will be with us for another three months or so. It was above freezing with sun today, so I took time to lift the irises that have sprouted about two inches in this unusual fall weather before the ground freezes and digging becomes impossible. They will be stored indoors until Spring. I also took time to empty some out-dated canned food items since the compost goes out to the curb tomorrow. It surpirises me that some items pass the best before date sooner after purchase than I'd expect. I guess I need to check the dates more diligently when things are on sale. If I have an immediate use for one item, and the sale price is great, I will often buy two and store one in the pantry. One item that I disposed of today expired just about six weeks after I purchased it when it was clearly marked as being acceptable quality for two years after the manufacture date. So frustrating, but I can be in too much of a hurry or just plain tired when I shop so miss looking at those dates. 

Now, none of these chores was on the grand 'to do' list. They needed to be done, but for some reason didn't make the list this week. Sadly, this means there was no satisfyng crossing off somethng on the dreaded list. Things look good, though -- a different type of satisfaction. <smile> This helped realize that accomplishments don't have to be limited to those listed for the week. Flexibility works when choosing to do other necessary tasks regardless of whether I've planned to do them this week or not. The list truly is just a suggestion of items that need to be done soon-ish. Otherwise, it can be too constraining. 

I chose a song that came to mind while thinking through my listing of chores. Several covers of this song by iconic groups and bands exist. One is likely the most recognized. I chose one of the alternates, each of which has a unique twist on the song. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Satisfaction -- The Rolling Stones




No comments:

Post a Comment