Tuesday 8 November 2022

9-312 (8/11/22) -- Enough Already!

What a windy day it has been, complete with very dark, angry clouds flying across the sky. The daytime high was 10 degrees Celsius (~ 18 degrees F) lower than yesterday and 20 degrees (~38 degrees F) lower than the day before that. We are now on the cold side of the seasonal norm range. By the end of the week, though, we will have warmer  highs and lows due to tropical air arriving with remnants of the tropical cyclone Nadine. The large plume of moisture travelling north will be drawn in by the colder system -- a Colorado low moving northeast. At present, it looks like we will have a fair amount of rain -- how much will become clearer as the system arrives, but it will be lots. North of this area, there will be heavier snow or mixed precipitation. I expect there will be power outages as already damaged trees continue to fall onto power lines. We'll see. A treeless tundra or tropical island almost looks good to me right now. <sigh> 

I'll admit that the anxiety level is increasing as the next storm nears. When is it enough already? I thought of a phrase that I rarely used as a child to 'give in' or 'give up' -- yield power to another. We just didn't use the term 'uncle'  but I'm ready to, believe me. An amusing ditty seemed to fit with my ponderings today. The artist will celebrate his 84th birthday next week and is still touring. That gives me hope. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Uncle Toad Said -- Gordon Lightfoot



No comments:

Post a Comment