Sunday 6 November 2022

9-310 (6/11/22) -- Confusion Reigns

My goodness! It was over 25C this afternoon (close to 80F) with major winds from the southwest. I went for a walk along the estuary rather than sitting inside when there is a day like this during November. Nature is confused the this weather. Flowers are blooming now that usually don't bloom until Spring. Shrubs are starting new leaf buds. Some animals are shedding as if it were Spring. The climate change effects are concerning. 

I am so very tired of shain saw sounds all around me still. Cleanup is moving forward but there is just so much to be done all around town. The emergent and urgent tree removal work has been underway for a long time. Now the less urgent removal of branches and downed trees seems to be starting in earnest. 

Time change. What more can I say? I have dealt with this for most of my adult life, but still wish that we could just pick one time and stick with it. I grew up in a province that still does not change time. It made more sense to me. It was twilight just after 4 PM today, which is way too early. It will be full dark before 4 PM before the days begin to get longer in December. This is just too much to handle. <sigh> 

A 'go to' song for the time changes is shared today. I find the title and some of the lyric fits my thoughts about the process of dodging back and forth an hour twice a year. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Time Warp -- The Rocky Horror Picture Show



No comments:

Post a Comment