Wednesday 9 November 2022

9-313 (9/11/22) -- Standing up to 'the Man'

The day felt very much like a late fall day. It was cooler with grey skies, but less intense wind than yesterday. I spent the day indoors working on some research planning and learning about a larger review process that I volunteered to assist with. It sounds quite interesting. 

Two items arrived in e-mail where businesses had charged incorrectly for services. One was the cellular carrier who put a $20 service charge on the account since they thought the plan was changed in mid-October, when it wasn't altered until the end of the billing cycle. So very irritating that they just can't get this right. I was assured last month by the local sales people that should this occur, it could be reversed as it was clear that the change was not made in the middle of a billing period. I hope to hear from them tomorrow as I left a lengthy message with all the details. If I don't hear from them, I will go and stand at the store until they speak to me. <smile> Or maybe I'll sit in protest. <grin>  I also sent a note to the technology folks to ask where they are with the new camera needed for the laptop. I haven't heard anything for over two weeks. 

Larger corporation make transaction challenging, when it could be done in a simpler manner. It is bad enough that for many companies profits have been record setting over the past year and yet they find ways to squeeze every penny from customers. One organization rounds up or down -- to the closest 5 cents -- with every transaction. This is to happen only with cash sales. Credit, debit and company cards are to use the actual price. So, if they are rounding up with all customers, they make a huge amount daily through sales across Canada. I'm sure that adds up quickly. <sigh> I expect many of us just let things like this go -- what's one or two cents? It is a lot over time sadly. And I finally found a way to change chat messages back to text messages so that data isn't required. When I read about it, both are to use wifi or data, but text uses the plan I have for unlimited texts rather than pulling data from the data plan. It was deep into app settings, but it seems to have reset things back to texting. <smile> Just another weird app that I never added, but the phone carrier and manufacturer seem to make major use of 'updates' to add stuff I just don't need or want. <grump> 

So,  it was a day filled with me standing up to organizations to get what I need and was promised. Just little old cranky me. <grin>  A song title and lyrics came to mind as I pondered the huge corporate profits happening during a time of major inflation and almost recessionist situations. The singers do a good job with this one. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Take the Money and Run -- David Crosby & Graham Nash




 


No comments:

Post a Comment