Tuesday 29 November 2022

9-332 (28/11/22) -- Another Disappointment

Today was Cyber Monday, but I headed out to the grocery store to get a few things. Sadly, it was another week with member pricing offers not in place, so I had three things that I'd gone to that store for specifically and two were not in the bags I took to the car. When I checked the e-mail, the web page that loaded did not have the items even listed. Now there were three and one of them was definitely in place at the store, but I needed to get a rain cheque since the shelves were empty. So, the other two items simply were not there. I had written down the items, prices and dates, so I didn't dream this one. When I tried to call for clarification, I was directed down a rabbit hole of menus that eventually led to being disconnected. They kept telling me call volumes were high and encouraged me to go to the web site to figure it out myself. <sigh>  I'm so tired of shopping there, but with only two stores in town, there are things I need from both of them as they stock some different items. I'm feeling less and less a valued or loyal customer. 

The day was rainy with dropping temperatures during the day. So, the weather fit the silliness of my shopping woes -- all painted in a grey scale. Its not that I didn't smile, I was just frustrated by the difficulties with this store and their lack of ability to get offers to customers. A warm bath helped me to relax as did watching a couple of shows that I'd recorded earlier. Like Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow's another day." <smile> 

A title and song line came to mind as I sat wondering why I felt so down. This made me smile again and move past the disappointment. The song is not about shopping issues, but being let down by something or someone you have a relationship with fits the song well. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

This Just Doesn't Seem to be my Day -- The Monkees

 





No comments:

Post a Comment