Wednesday 16 November 2022

9-320 (16/11/22) -- Seasonal Activity

We had some sun and some cloud on this chilly day. The one meeting of the day was postponed to next week, so I headed out to the other grocery store to get a small number of items that I couldn't get at the other store yesterday. I found more items that weren't on the list but were on sale, so came home with slightly more than I'd set out to get. I was looking for Christmas gift ideas as I browsed parts of the store. I have some ideas, but finding things that fit those ideas can be such a challenge. I think I need a replicator that will let me input the parameters and it will spit out what I'm seeing in my head, since no one else seems to make exactly what I'm thinking. This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. I'm sure I will find some of the items as I look around town or online. 

The overhead music is definitely Christmas tunes now. Some were truly egregious covers of common songs at this time of year -- trying to mess with the tempo and making something slow into a jazzier piece just changes the intent of the music and lyrics. It can be challenging not to shout out to the rafters about such blasphemy. <smile> With only two grocery stores in town, I can't risk being banned from one. <grin>

The song shared is one that might fit into the list of worst of Christmas songs. I apologize for any ear worm effects this might bring with it. It speaks to the mental and physical aspects of holiday shopping but notes the end result is worth it all. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Christmas Shopping -- Buck Owens

 



No comments:

Post a Comment