Wednesday 2 November 2022

9-304 (31/10/22) -- Thoughts in Perspective

This week began with mainly light clouds. These cleared early in the evening so I could see the moon for the first time in two to three weeks. The person that was to remove the two large branches in the back yard, simply took the branch ends and left behind the sections with twigs and attached leaves, which were the majority of the 15+ feet of the branches. I'm not sure where we go with the piles of leftovers. <sigh> 

I had a good chat with a colleague today that helped me put some things into perspective. This can help ease frustrations that pop up in daily life. At present, I'm trying to cope with people who don't seem to do things in a sensible manner. I've had to recall a friend of mine who told me that I always look for the logic in situations that just aren't logical. <smile> I can be more attentive to my responses to the actions of others to understand what exactly seems to be the emotion(s) at the root of what I term 'frustration'. That takes work, but eliminates guessing what might be going on in someone else's mind -- something we just never know. Today the conversation and glimpsing the moon helped me to relax enough to explore briefly what was going on in my own head <smile>. 

I chose to share a song that mentions the moon and somewhat fits with a Halloween theme. <smile> I also enjoy the jazz-ish nature of this song which departs from much of what the singer-songwriter is known for best. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Moon at the Window -- Joni Mitchell



No comments:

Post a Comment