Thursday 1 August 2024

11-207 (25/7/24) -- Socialite

Today was a social day. I had lunch with a good friend. We had a great conversation as usual. We can always talk about anything and everything. <smile>. In the evening I attended a reception in the neighbourhood. The Alumni Office of campus organized the event. It was for alumni and retired faculty and staff. I saw a number of people who moved up here over the past several years -- faculty and administrators. The university President spoke about new building plans and directions for the campus. He also provided a great introduction of his first days in the community when he couldn't see anyone for the 14 day quarantine in place due to the pandemic. The school was closed at that time, too. To say it was challenging would be an understatement. It is likely they will do this annually and I look forward to another gathering. It was a fun evening.  

The first line of a song kept running through my head this evening. That made me smile. <grin>  I share a version that comes from a time when LPs were either mono or stereo. Imagine! <gg> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

You Can't Always Get What You Want -- The Rolling Stones



 



No comments:

Post a Comment