Wednesday 7 August 2024

11-220 (7/8/24) -- Tropical Weather

I had a meeting this afternoon and decided to get groceries while out. I stopped at one store to check out electronics for examples of what I want to acquire. It will take a while, but I got a good start with what was available on the shelf and online. I like to see the options in three dimensions rather than 2D on the screen -- a bit more tactile. It also helps to talk to sales people to hear what they have to say. The gentleman I talked with today was super enthusiastic. He spoke to me about product ratings and what other people have been buying. 

The day was mainly overcast with blue sky showing up around supper time. After that brief visit, the cloud cover returned. Temperatures were warmer than yesterday with lower humidity. It felt wonderful to go outside and feel like I could breathe. High humidity and heat make things feel so oppressive. 

I've been watching the tropical storm in the southern US as it slowly moves northward. The moisture it carries has caused major flooding and will continue to this as it moves on to other regions. I have friends all along the eastern seaboard so they will be in the path of this storm in one way or another. It seems to have moved from a shoreline path to one that moved further inland. This one will likely impact southern Ontario and Quebec rather than a direct hit on the Maritimes. The weekend will tell the story. In the meantime, I wish all my friends a safe passage through the storm. I chose a song that relates to the named storm, though the spelling is different. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Debbie -- B-52s





No comments:

Post a Comment