Saturday 10 August 2024

11-223 (10/8/24) -- Running Away

It has been another Saturday filled with gardening, laundry and house cleaning stuff. Outside there was a major warm, humid air mass. Being outside, I encountered gusty winds with major cloud cover and other clouds blowing past. We did get a couple of brief but intense showers. The outer bands of the leftovers from Debby were traveling through. 

There are times when the weather provides a solid metaphor for life. Today was one of those days. Stormy skies mimicked the frustrations I wrestled with today. The indecisive nature of the multiple layers of clouds and the on and off again wind and rain are great analogies for how my thought processes were moving in many directions at once. Trying to get a handle on situations would have been like trying to fly a kite today -- strong winds would either break the string or  move erratically causing one to drop the string. In both scenarios, the kite would be lost. Needless to say, my thoughts swirled around a lot and went off in all directions. 

Music can help me to calm the thinking when it gets challenging. Today, I joined a live streamed concert. The music made me smile, sing and dance a bit. One song in particular got me thinking. On days like this, I'd like to run away and hide. Obviously, this wouldn't make thoughts disappear, but it feels like it would be a good idea for a short while, at least. <smile>. I share the song that spoke to me tonight. The opening line has always been a favourite. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Travelin' Band -- Creedence Clearwater Revival


 

-- online concert -- fun 

No comments:

Post a Comment