Friday 2 August 2024

11-209 (27/7/24) -- Weekend Work

If there is laundry it must be Saturday. I used that as a break from doing the final formatting of the edited manuscript. I had supper at 9:30 PM -- six hours after starting what should have been quick <sigh> 

I took time to watch the earlier part of the opening ceremonies from Paris. I caught the end last evening, but got to see the rest today. I love the way they worked through history of the city. It was done in a wonderfully artistic manner and was easy to follow as the flame and hooded figure passed through historical sites. The rain was heavy at times, but it didn't seem to put anyone out of sorts. They all traveled along or watched from the river banks or bridges along the way. Paris is on my travel list -- just not when something huge like the Olympics hits town. <smile> 

A dear friend reminded me of a song with an opening lyric that fits the evening in Paris. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Somewhere Along the Line -- Billy Joel




 

No comments:

Post a Comment