Sunday 25 August 2024

11-237 (24/8/24) -- Mobile Hoses

This Saturday had bright blue sky, sunshine and major south winds. Temperatures were warm and summery. I did the usual Saturday chores -- laundry and household cleaning along with online writing projects.

First off -- let me clarify that hoses were assigned to each building for use by gardeners. Residents can use them when not in use otherwise. "My" hose disappeared a few weeks ago. About the same time, the unit next to me seemed to have two hoses connected to enable them to get to the full length of the property. Whether the neighbours or the gardeners moved the hose from the spigot on my outside wall is not clear. I was told by a non-gardener that when the gardeners had finished with the hose, 'mine' would be returned. So, when I saw one attached to my place a couple of days ago, I assumed it was back. 

Yesterday I heard a noise at the side of the house and saw my neighbour moving 'his' hose with their spray nozzle from my spigot. He wound it up and laid it on their front porch. What is likely the hose assigned to my building is attached to the spigot on the neighbour's building. Gardeners have been watering the newly germinated grass seed between our buildings. That hose is being used for the sprinkler. I say this since the hose with the sprinkler is black and the one with the spray nozzle is green. The one dropped off last fall on my front porch was black. I don't care which hose ends up with my spigot. I just want a hose that I can use so I don't have to ferry water from the kitchen to the patio to water plants or fill a pail to wash the car. I am not sure how to handle this one. It is odd that people seem emboldened to 'borrow' things from other units without saying anything. Sharing is definitely on the table, so I'd be open to requests to hose usage. I spoke with another neighbour further down the street who had 'his' hose taken by a neighbour a few doors away who needed more than one hose to do vehicle cleaning. So, it appears I am not the only one with this issue. <sigh>  

Thought of a phrase in a song today. It helped me smile. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Beg, Borrow and Steal -- Ohio Express



 

No comments:

Post a Comment