Saturday 10 August 2024

11-221 (8/8/24) -- Outdoor Noises

I woke very early this morning with an excavator working outside the window on the other side of the patio. Drainage work is still underway. This one machine, though, was in bad need of attention. It made nasty high pitched squeaking sounds as it moved along. It wasn't something that was easy to sleep through. Even earlier, someone with a gas trimmer was out  in the area. It was very loud. Sleeping has been hard enough recently without workers out at 7 AM. Interestingly, once I was up, dressed and moving through the morning routines, the excavators were parked and all noise stopped until 3 PM. Just plain strange. <sigh>

We had a bright sunny day for a change. I headed to Main Street to run a few errands. There was a lot of traffic in the area. It could have been due to construction or maybe more summer visitors. Drivers were considerate and let those trying to turn onto the road from customer parking areas. It was slow going, but not as bad as I have seen at times. The pleasant day was just what was needed for the community barbecue today. 

By late afternoon, the annual neighbourhood barbecue was in full swing. The crowd filled the lawn area in the park area by the pond. I enjoyed seeing folks enjoy visiting and eating. A local musician provided songs that the crowd sang along with and a group gathered to dance to a medley of songs from the late '50s and early '60s. I include one of the songs everyone was singing along to as I waited in line for food. It was hard not to sing and dance while waiting in line. <smile>  I certainly enjoyed the music more than the equipment that woke me today. <grin> Keep safe. Enjoy!

Two Pina Coladas -- Garth Brooks





No comments:

Post a Comment