Monday 5 August 2024

11-217 (4/8/24) -- Green Thumb

Today was another household chores day. I dusted, vacuumed and steam cleaned the floors. The latter two led to my back remining me that I'd flipped the mattress yesterday <smile>. I paused along the way doing stretches to help keep things as loose as possible.  

We were still under an extreme heat advisory complete with temperatures into the high 30s and feel like temperatures into the 40s. The sky was overcast again, but no rain seemed in the offing until late afternoon when a severe thunderstorm watch began. I heard a bit of distance rumbles but only light rain fell. I think the storm cells traveled a bit further north of us than predicted. Some overnight light rain is expected, which will make the lawn and garden plants happy. 

I water the garden daily. It has been weeks since a major rain left things adequately wet and I didn't need to water. On very hot days, I've watered twice daily. The tomatoes and herbs are doing well. The flowering plants not so much. Soon I will be picking tomatoes regularly. Lots are turning colour and more blossoms could lead to more fruits. Cool. The basil can be picked every few days -- great on a margarita pizza or in a red sauce. <smile> 

The chorus of a song seemed to fit my thoughts about gardening today. The broader meaning of the song is also something to ponder <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Let it Grow -- Eric Clapton


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment