Friday 23 August 2024

11-230 (17/8/24) -- Sprucing Up the Place

Bruce the Spruce was new yesterday. He stands just in line with the patio door. When I walk in the front door, I can look straight back to the patio door and Bruce stands right in that line of sight. That viewpoint from front to back reminds me of the shotgun style homes in New Orleans. <smile>  The complex is working on the landscaping around the newer buildings now. We've had heavy equipment outside the windows for weeks and today, we got trees. <smile>  My neighbour was excited and said she planned to decorate for the holidays. I'd thought the same thing. It will be fun to put up ornaments, suet feeders for the birds, and maybe some lights. 

Grass seed will be sprayed outside, but the equipment malfunctioned, so it will be several days before that is back up and operating. Where seed has been sprayed, the seeds have germinated. It is great to watch the areas grow. I find that uplifting when I head out for a walk around the block -- particularly at a time of year when summer is moving past quickly. 

The new spruce trees of different varieties fit the lyrics of a fun kids' song. Hope it brings a smile. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

C is for Confers -- They Might Be Giants




No comments:

Post a Comment