Saturday 24 August 2024

11-235 (22/8/24) -- Stop Already!

My afternoon meeting was postponed until tomorrow morning. This left me room to do errands on Main Street and then get out to get a few groceries. As I was approaching the grocery store, a dump truck went by and threw a stone at my windshield. Big starburst and a horizontal crack halfway across the windshield. So now there is one further ugly thing to deal with. I've lost count of how many unwanted events or issues have been thrust into my life recently. I'm running out of energy to deal with it all. <sigh> It disturbs sleep, too, which compounds the fatigue. 

To be honest, this feels like the proverbial straw. I'm not sure I can handle any further impediments placed on my path. I've been told that I am strong. I'm not sure this is true <sigh>. I know I get quieter and hide away when anxiety gets huge. Others won't see this, though. I try to problem solve where I can. For the latest smaller issue, I will contact my insurance person tomorrow to ensure I have glass coverage and then will need to figure out who to take this to for replacement. For today, I just withdrew. 

The song for the day sort of fit with the thoughts of the day. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Last Straw -- Widespread Panic



No comments:

Post a Comment