Sunday 25 August 2024

11-238 (25/8/24) -- Ups and Downs

Woke today shouting and in tears. Nightmares are not common, but when they occur it is difficult to get back to sleep. The emotions from this dream lingered throughout the day. I tried to keep busy. I went to a store to get two needed items. That was a short trip, but got me out into the sunny hot afternoon. Shortly after I returned, clouds began to gather and obscure the sun. 

I tried to look for positives throughout the day. This gave me something to see other than the negatives hanging out just behind my shoulders. I took some time to do little household cleaning jobs that I just hadn't gotten to lately. That felt good. There are more to do, but I got some done today. I cooked a dinner meal that I haven't had recently. It tasted great. The garden patio seems to be doing well. Tomato plants have new blossoms. The gerbera daisy, which I have been watering faithfully, has not had a bloom for about a month. There is a flower bud getting ready to open. I'm looking forward to that and to more tomatoes. 

In honour of Elvis Costello's 70th birthday, I share two of his songs. I enjoy both of these and many others of recordings. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Red Shoes -- Elvis Costello


 

She -- Elvis Costello



Red Shoes and She

  

No comments:

Post a Comment