Monday 5 August 2024

11-216 (3/8/24) -- No Rain

Another weekend has arrived. The first in August, which is a long weekend in most provinces and territories. Laundry was on the agenda, as usual. Today, I also turned the mattress -- yes, an older model that I should likely replace with one that doesn't need turning and flipping. Wrangling the thing made me think of workouts that flip huge truck tires. Those folks could have stayed home and done a similar exercise that works the back, legs, core and arms. I expect those areas to let me know later today or tomorrow that I have used those muscle groups. <grin>

It continues to be hot and humid. The forecast for the past few days has included a heat advisory. Rain has been forecast for late afternoon. We have had rain clouds blow by and today clouds covered the sky. The region has had very little rain for the past few weeks and the forecasters don't expect much during August. My front lawn is looking brownish in areas and has a crispy texture. The annuals have had their best days and are turning brown even with daily watering. If the yard is this dry the forests must be tinder dry, too. Just outside of town are areas with very high fire risk, while another area has a low risk. No complete fire bans have been put in place. It is something that brings concern. Now if I wish for rain, we might end up with more than desired in a short time period as the next tropical system is poised to head north over the next week. 

A few lines from a song about drought came to mind today. We are no where near this situation, but rain would help growers in the area, I'm sure. Keep safe. Enjy! 

Trouble in the Fields -- Nanci Griffith



No comments:

Post a Comment