Friday 2 August 2024

11-208 (26/7/24) -- Incredible Performance

 We had a final meeting for review of the paper, which leaves me with the final formatting of edits and responses to reviewers. That will be the main event for the weekend so it can be submitted soon. I often get to the point where I am so over a piece of writing. The fun has gone out of it as all the nit-picky details have to be completed. I guess that is what I need to focus on between laundry loads tomorrow. <smile> 

I watched parts of the Olympic opening ceremonies. It was unique in many ways  -- the floating flame and the athletes' journey to the stadium by boat down the Seine. The whole event was filled with music of all types. The highlight for me and others was an amazing song that had been written and recorded by Edith Piaf. It was a perfect artist to honour during the ceremony. It was a stunning performance by a French Canadian. The two commentators were nearly speechless with one in tears. Given the artist's medical situation, this was incredible.  In case you missed it, I share it here tonight. It will blow up social media, I'm sure. The passion of the song is clear and her delivery is amazing. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

 L'hymne a l'amour -- Celine Dion 




No comments:

Post a Comment