Saturday 24 August 2024

11-234 (21/9/24) -- Incessant Chirping

I was feeling a bit yucky today and spent time watching TV and napping. In the evening, I noticed the sound of a cricket filling the kitchen, living room, dining room space -- chirping with extraordinary volume. I could hear it in the bedroom, too. I seems to be outdoors somewhere near the high piano window in the living room. I recall a similar situation last summer just after we moved in here. So, there seems to be a cricket hangout spot in that region. <sigh> I hope it doesn't wake me tonight. I'd love a solid sleep for a change. 

The song that came to mind tonight deals with a cricket and the song became the theme for a major conglomerate. A nice lullaby sound would be more acceptable tonight than the repetitive chirping from the other room. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

When You Wish Upon a Star -- Jiminy Cricket (Cliff Edwards) 



No comments:

Post a Comment