Thursday 1 August 2024

11-206 (24/7/24) -- In a trance?

The writing saga continues. I printed another version of the paper to make it easier to go back and forth between paper and screen.  I polished most of the edits to near final forms. The co-author and I will meet to review these changes and then the final format changes will be made. 

When writing, I often underestimate the time different tasks will take. Finalizing a manuscript includes many small picky details. I've been doing this for years, yet the time it takes surprises me every time. The process takes me into a zone where I am focused on the words, excluding all other things. I generally realize that I am hungry and the clock tells me I'm several hours past eating time. The process involves a  trance-like state. It can be relaxing in some ways and results in a feeling of accomplishment. 

The selection today contains lyrics about the state I feel in when writing. The music for this one even feels like it could put you into a semi-conscious like state. <smile> It has a relaxing sound. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Hypnotized -- Fleetwood Mac



No comments:

Post a Comment