Friday 2 August 2024

11-214 (1/8/24) -- Petals

Today we start a new month.  Late blooming flowers are showing up in full force. The hydrangea out front will be in full bloom soon. The rose has been providing wonderful pink flowers. The rose petals scatter along the driveway and the front porch by the door. I love this. It is like a petal strewn pathway. Cool. 

At supper time I noticed the excavator had been left outside my kitchen window -- between my place the the one next door. They have been working on drainage issues on the block. The gravel-like base has been laid and topsoil will be next, followed by grass seed. The drainage should be improved so the rains don't flow between houses and up onto front lawns. This is just part of living in a construction zone -- newer builds with landscaping and such still underway. I expect morning wake ups from the equipment for a few more days. 

A song came to mind today when I walked through the petals. I share a version that makes me smile. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

La Vie en Rose -- Tony Bennett & k.d. lang



No comments:

Post a Comment