Saturday 10 August 2024

11-222 (9/8/24) -- Choices?

It has been a grey overcast day with cooler temperatures. I went for a few groceries and it began to rain very lightly while driving there. Further rain is forecast for the coming couple of days, but the bulk of Debby remnants will likely track further west and north from here. We'll see. 

I slept poorly last night. The clock kept showing me times during which I should be asleep, but that just didn't happen until the early morning hours. Needless to say, I could have slept longer than I did, but I had a meeting so had to get up, ready and out the door. Being tired and draggy made me feel as if everything was too difficult to tackle today. Yet, I needed to get some things done -- like it or not. 

A conversation with a dear friend reminded me of song lyrics that described the choice of predestined paths or journeys that over which we have some control. The chorus lyrics say a lot in a few lines. We do have a choice and choosing not to make a choice is still making a choice. Something to ponder in our spare moments. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Freewill -- Rush





No comments:

Post a Comment