Monday 4 July 2022

9-185 (4/7/22) -- A Day to Celebrate

Today, temperatures dropped a few degrees and the air was less humid than the past several days. While cleaning up after lunch, I noticed activity in the cemetery behind the house. The central stone, a Celtic cross, was mounted on a two tiered stand. Many people were gathered to watch this process. I went over later in the afternoon to have a look. It has no engraving or plaque, but perhaps that will come later. The Highland Games begin this week, which may explain the timing  of this installation. 

This is the day that my dad and my maternal grandmother celebrated their birthdays. I recall one year when I was almost 4, we visited my dad's sister in Seattle. On the fourth we went to Bainbridge Island where her in-laws lived. We spent the day at a beach. I was amazed that everyone was celebrating my Dad's birthday. <smile> Fireworks even! <grin> I'd like to share one of his favourite songs here today to celebrate his love of music. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Moonlight Serenade -- Glenn Miller Orchestra



No comments:

Post a Comment