Saturday 23 July 2022

9-204 (23-7-22) -- Unbelievable Weather

Wow! Hotter today than yesterday. Who'd have thought that was possible! Temperatures hit low to mid-30s (mid to high 80s F) with feel like temps about 10 or 11 degrees hotter (105 F or higher). Inside was cooler -- technically -- but still felt warmer than is comfortable. The a/c unit was pressed into service as was the bigger oscillating fan. I feel sorry for the furry one on such days. He can only sweat through his toes and nose leather. He has become an expert at transferring heat to the tile flooring. Walking down the hall I find very hot spots on the floor where he had been lying only moments before moving to a new and cooler section of floor. I guess we all find our own coping strategies. 

My appetite isn't in full force, but I will get something from the deep freeze and reheat it in the microwave. No cooking today. The forecast states that this heat will be with us for another two or three days. I plan to purchase takeout over those days. I did cook breakfast today, but things had cooled a bit overnight so that was possible without making us all wilt more quickly.  

I'll admit that I thought of little else than the heat for most of the day. A friend shared some lyrics on their social media site and I've had those lines running through my head all day. It seems only logical that I share them with you all. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Summer in the City -- The Lovin' Spoonful 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment