Thursday 7 July 2022

9-188 (7/7/22) -- Finding the Lost

It has been a sunny warm day with a pleasant breeze. I headed out for a small grocery run and to pick up some odds and ends. Main Street was closed to traffic for the Highland Games week street fair. This was supposed to be held yesterday, but was postponed due to rain. Today was a nice day for the event, but I wonder if attendance was affected -- how many people found out about the date change? I stumbled upon the news about midday when I read a note on social media from a vendor who was present. By the time I was back from the errands, people were clearing out. When out for a short walk later in the afternoon, I stopped to catch up with a neighbour. I enjoy keeping in touch with local happenings. <smile> 

I've had to hunt for items that have been misplaced recently. Just small things that I hadn't used for some time and then had a need for their use. Places that seem logical for holding such objects inevitably do not lead to finding the lost. I'm quite certain when things are put away, my mind did not actively choose the most obscure, illogical place for safe keeping. <smile> Yet, often when I find things, I  wonder aloud what made me think this was the place to store said item. Now, these are not items that I use with any regularity, so most were put away years ago. Often while doing a deeper search for such things, I find things that I didn't think were still part of the household inventory. So, it seems that things get put away and then I can't find them when I need them, and things are put away that I'd never hunt for as I thought they'd left the house long ago. Intriguing.

The search process is interesting -- to say the least -- since the item in question may not be found but so many others are discovered along the way. The experience hunting for a misplaced item today left me smiling when a title line from a song ran through my head repeatedly. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For -- U2



No comments:

Post a Comment