Thursday 14 July 2022

9-195 (14/7/22) -- Fueling Up

A high point of the day was getting back to put gas in the vehicle. I know; I need to get a life <grin>. Being 14.5 cents per litre less than last time I added to the tank, the pre-authorized amount put more than expected into the tank. Very cool. Who knew that 184.5/litre (5.31 US/gal) would sound better?  I've also found it difficult to estimate how much of a tank a given dollar amount will provide. The price goes up and down so often that time doesn't allow for us to get used to one amount before it changes -- often dramatically.  

Little else has been accomplished today. I slept solidly last night and well into the morning. I even had a short nap before supper. The excitement around the furry fellow's allergic response to something -- likely a critter bite or sting -- took a lot out of me. Things are closer to normal today, though. 

As the price of fuel fluctuates, we hear more concerns about how to manage household budgets, It isn't just filling up the car, it involves prices of all goods shipped or even grown close to home. The song chosen for today speaks to some of these same concerns from over 40 years ago. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Gasoline Blues (1974) -- John Mayall



No comments:

Post a Comment