Saturday 9 July 2022

9-189 (8/7/22) -- Kilts and Pipes

The early sunny start to the day was replaced by stormy-looking clouds around lunch time. I had two afternoon appointments so I wore a rain jacket just in case. While driving to a meeting, there were a few raindrops on the windshield, but that was all I encountered today. I have boxes to place on the porch for charity pickup in the morning. I may wait to take them out early tomorrow morning since there is still a slight risk of rain overnight. Wet cardboard doesn't hold things well <smile>

Many people are in town for the Highland Games. Traffic is a bit congested for a small town and people aren't sure where they are going. It made getting to one appointment difficult when it took much longer than usual to get through town. When out and about this week, there are also many kilted men around town. Often they wear the full regalia and look quite sharp, but even the casual dressers add to the flavour of this town in an area where many Scots settled over 200 years ago. Bagpipes can be heard around town, too. I enjoy the music and find it difficult to stand still when a pipe and drum band marches by -- my feet start dancing <grin>. More of that tomorrow at the parade <smile>. 

Thinking of bagpipes today had a song swirling around in my head. It includes bagpipes in a wonderful way. I find the whole song relaxing. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mull of Kintyre -- Paul McCartney and Wings




No comments:

Post a Comment