Sunday 24 July 2022

9-205 (24/7/22) -- Stuck

The blog is beginning to sound like a stuck record. It is hotter today than yesterday -- 35ish feeling like 43ish (95/109F). <sigh> Even the basement doesn't feel much cooler than the main floor -- so laundry isn't even a respite today. This reminds me of days in the tropics -- just above the Equator in Singapore, Bangkok and a beach south of Bangkok Even the waters of the Bay of Bangkok (a little bay off the Gulf of Thailand) felt like a bathtub -- just too warm to help one cool. I have experienced similar temperatures along the US Atlantic coastal regions -- Washington DC, New Orleans and the Research Triangle in North Carolina come to mind. Walking outside a hotel in these places  took me into a solid air mass that made breathing difficult. Carrying a machete might help cut through the humid mass. It is very similar here today as the tropical air mass passes. 

So, what am I doing today? Not much that takes any exertion. I'm taking my cue from the furry fellow. <grin> I've been up and down stairs as I finish the laundry. Working on the laptop works for several tasks. I signed up for a MOOC (massive open online course) last week. The six segments will be available until beginning of September. Each takes 2-4 hours to complete. I hope to learn more about recent research concerning nutrition and mental health outcomes and treatments. I'm doing the free version, so won't get a certificate, which I don't require. I picked up some takeout for supper rather than use the stove or stand outside to use the barbeque. And hey, there's always some online shopping to get things that aren't available in this little town. <smile> 

I was reminded of a song today -- one that contains the sound of a skipping (or stuck) record. The recording also includes a lot of background noises common with well used vinyl records. <smile> It is an odd little tune, but listen for the stuck record sound closer to the end -- it can be nostalgic for some readers and informative for others. <grin> Keep safe. Enjoy!

Magnolia Simms -- The Monkees



No comments:

Post a Comment