Saturday 23 July 2022

9-201 (20/7/22) -- Navigating Safely

Today I had a virtual meeting with a colleague and friend as we are discussing possible publications. It feels good to get back into the writing processes for several projects. I do have a number of places to contact to assist me with planning the next information gathering phases of a large project. With time, this should all work well. 

The day was sunny, warm and windy. A friend and I ate supper on a restaurant patio. It was lovely -- a nice light breeze by then and wonderful food and wine. So much fun to visit with people over a meal again. I'm still feeling a bit cautious about being out and about knowing there is a lot of omicron everywhere these days. I wear my mask inside unless eating or drinking and will continue to do so for some time to come, I'm certain. I guess it all comes down to safety. People are out again and want life to just be like it was before this all began. Sadly, it isn't the same and a little bit of caution could keep us all safe again. I was a public health professional for many years. The knowledge of how disease makes its way through a population, may be what makes me more cautious. I'm not the only one at the stores wearing a mask. I still carry hand sanitizer -- and have been known to mutter rudely under my mask when a business has a dispenser by the door but never fills the blasted thing. <grump> We as a population have entered a new phase. Some of the measures in place during the past two years will need to remain with us. I've been to Asia where people wear masks daily when outdoors as well as in crowds. Some do this due to pollution and others are avoiding transmissible diseases. They are there. Many more than we have had to face as individuals. So, wearing a mask at present seems less problematic to me. 

A song came to mind today. It is an odd one in some ways, but some lines can be interpreted as our need to navigate safety.The metaphor of dance fits much of my thinking today. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Safety Dance  -- Men Without Hats





No comments:

Post a Comment