Thursday 11 April 2024

11-101 (10/4/24) -- A Lovely Day

This morning I headed up to campus with a laptop to get the office suite working again. Some system update created an issue -- again. <sigh>. I then printed some files, but pdfs would not print due to 'paper size' error. In the past these often insist on being printed on document size paper -- huge! Today it wouldn't even do that. So, I will leave those two files for another day. I had a good visit with a colleague I hadn't seen for a while. I miss being next door to her during work days. Retiring has some up sides, but the social networks from a worksite are lost -- well not entirely, but they aren't daily connections. 

It was nice to be outside walking and doing stairs as I moved around campus. The day was bright and sunny with few clouds. The wind was very cold, though. The walks were 'brisk' <smile>. The songbirds back from their southern vacations could be heard as I walked around the block at home. I enjoyed hearing them again. More will arrive soon. Hummingbird sightings have begun in the southern part of the province, so they will be back here soon. I hope to get some feeders up on the patio for this summer. I would enjoy watching them out the windows. 

An older song came to mind today when I was out walking in the sun. I enjoy the upbeat lyrics and the easy R&B rhythm. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

A Beautiful Morning -- The Rascals




No comments:

Post a Comment